RESULTS NOW AVAILABLE - see PDF below
Berkshire Schools Championships Entry Information
This is the qualification process for the Berkshire Schools Track and Field Championships to be held on Saturday 12th June at Palmer Park, Reading. As you can appreciate it is extremely difficult trying to organise a big event like this in covid times and we have to meet a lot of restrictions from England Athletics and the track.
The process for entry for U15 (year 8/9) and U17 (year 10/11) is as follows:
- Athletes must have achieved at least the district standard in their chosen events (attached PDF). They can submit performances for their 2 best events (as long as they have achieved district standards and above in both) but will only be able to do 1 event on the day if successful.
- They can have achieved this in any of the following formats (ordered in preference - in brackets is the method of verification required for each one):
- A club level competition e.g. open meet, club champs etc (results appearing on power of 10)
- A school level competition on track (Teacher email)
- A club coach timing or measuring the athlete at a track / club (Coach email)
- A teacher timing or measuring the athlete at a track / school (Teacher email)
- Individuals, parents, coaches or teachers can fill in the google form below by Tuesday 25th May (there will be no late entries accepted) to be considered for entry making sure that they put in lots of detail as to how they achieved their times / distances e.g. location, day, terrain e.g. athletics track plus they will need a teachers / coaches email entered onto the form who will be able to verify that they did indeed achieve that level of performance
- BSAA will then look at all entries and the top 12 in each event will be selected and athletes / schools notified
- Those 12 athletes in each event will then compete on the 12th June at the championships
- The athletes who have competed at the championships will then have their performances considered if they meet the ESAA criteria and Berkshire will put forwards athletes to ESAA for selection for the national schools championships in July.
For Senior athletes (year 12/13) they will not compete at Berkshire events but need to be competing in competition (club events) and are advised especially to do the South U20 champs on the 12th / 13th June if they are able to. In order to be put forwards to ESAA they must have achieved these performances and be evidenced on powerof10 as this is how ESAA will select athletes this year (top 16 in the country for each event that has entered). The athletes should be aiming for at least entry standard (these can be found on esaa website under track and field http://www.esaa.net/v2/2021/tf/tf21standards.pdf (senior / U19)). There will be a separate form for them to fill out and their deadline will not be until Monday 14th June to give more time for competition performances.
Here is the entry form for Year 8-11 athletes: